THE FUNNIEST OF COINCIDENCES...

4:10 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
Okay so my friend Loretta just got her blog up and running. Congratulations Loretta! Check out her blog down below. But, I wanted to tell you about the funniest of coincidences we share with each other. Sorry, Loretta, I beat you to this story~

So I met Loretta back when we both lived in MO. Now neither of us do and we could have been two ships passing in the night if it were not for my mom, who told me she knew of a girl in her ward that she thought I would really enjoy getting to know. So, one day after the birth of my second child and her third, we were introduced and the rest is history! So, Loretta, I guess this means we have known each other about 18 years! Wow!

Anyway, upon getting to know each other, we realized we had some amazing things in common:

Her first child was a boy, born before Tim and I had started our family. But, our first child was born a few months after her second and both were boys. They were in the same grade of school together. Our next children, her third and my second were born within two weeks of each other. This is when we met so her second and third were instant friends with my first and second! Then, amazingly, we started discovering this crazy phenomenon, like that we are both left handed. Both of our husbands are named Tim and both are computer geeks of sorts, (and I mean that in a very good way!), and by the time we discovered we were pregnant again, we found that her fourth and my third had the very same due date!!!!!! ( I beat her to delivery by three days as I was two days early and she was one day late!) Now it was getting quite freaky. Her husband Tim and I share the same birthday and my husband Tim and she share the same birthday. Our only sisters each share the same birthday as well!!!

Loretta, the brave woman that she is, went on to have two more children and got two girls out of the deal! Great job. It has often made me wonder what would have happened should be have gone on to have more ourselves, hmmm..............

We have had many a laugh about that and as our years have progressed have shared very parallel lives.................It has kept us laughing and crying together often. I only wish we lived closer so we could take a picture of the two of us together. Hey, Loretta, do you have one and could email me?? :)

1 comments:

Loretta said...

You DID beat me to it! I still am in awe of all the similarities we have -- especailly when they are grouped all together! Do you remember when I wanted to stencil my livingroom and it turned out that YOU had stenciled the very stencil that I was describing to you that I wanted to get? Thanks for letting me borrow that! Amazing!