AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

7:53 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »

  • I started a post about my complaint that my garage door opener decided to stop working today. Aarg! Frustration. I complained about it then, soon afterwards, I realized that I was once again having a complaining voice and that I wanted to work better on a gratitude attitude. So, I have decided, then to list a few things I am grateful for:
  • I am grateful for the years of service this garage door opener put in before deciding it was tired. After all, our family uses the opener like a traditional door, raising and lowering it several times a day not only for cars, but for foot traffic as well because with a keypad on the door, it is easier to use than keeping a key around.

  • I am grateful for the good neighbor who came and helped me get the door opened manually so that I could at least get my car out for use this week while Tim is out of town.

  • I am grateful for the wonderful letter I received from our missionary son who is out serving and doing the Lord's work and loving it and doing good things with his life.

  • I am grateful for my other two sons, who try hard to make things easier for me while their dad is out of town, again.

  • I am grateful for the cooler weather we are starting to see here in AZ which gives us much needed relief and a break on our electric bills!

  • I am grateful for friendships that endure time and distance, and where we are able to just pick right up where we left off.

  • I am grateful that we have heard good words this weekend that help buoy us up and give us courage and hope as our life progresses.

  • I am grateful that we live in this great country, flaws and all, and that we have the freedoms we have and I hope we continue to have if we live worthy of them.

There are so many other things but I fear that this list would get too long so for now, I will close and say that this felt much better than my previous post, that just whined about a broken garage door opener.

1 comments:

Loretta said...

Good list of things to be grateful for! I have kept a "gratitude" journal before....for about 3 days. :)