ONE INGROUND SWIMMING POOL FOR SALE!

5:10 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
OK, so I know I should count my blessings, and really I do, but I am really hating pool ownership. The honeymoon is over between the pool and me. When we first moved to AZ, we thought we did not want a pool. Our youngest child was only 4 and it seemed a scary thing to be responsible for. But, one summer in AZ and we understood why probably 75% of the homes here have one. It is miserably hot and if you want to be outdoors in July or August, you want to be wet! Of course, being wet does not mean being cool, because in July and August the water temps in the pool average 95 degrees. Amazingly, if the humidity is low, it is actually chilly when wet skin is exposed to the air! So, we caved in and put a pool in. The boys played in the pool a lot. There was a really cool fountain that they would turn up high and the neighborhood kids would take turns trying to jump over it. There were next to no problems with this pool so we liked pool ownership.



Then we moved to this house a little over five years ago and have had nothing but troubles. The vacuum never functions and it has been taken in a half a dozen times for repair. The cost of the vacuum later and it still doesn't do what it is supposed to do, which is; walk around the pool all on its own and suck up the stuff that gathers on the floor. (I really would like one of those for inside the house as well but after my experiences with the pool vac, I have lost faith in vacuums doing the work on their own. They are lazy.) We also have had many things flake off the pebbletec finish of the pool and thus have had to drain it on several occasions for patch work to be done. All this is not without a price. This summer we had to pay $40 just for a little plastic screw on lid!!! It is highway robbery but they charge it because they can! Every pool store and online store does! The smallest of parts cost a fortune and apparently the vacuum has 27 moving, and constantly failing parts. The water seems never to be in balance and the only one that uses it is the dog!!!!


So, as you can imagine, I am putting this pool on the market and if you can get it out of my yard, you can have it! The fun pool is on the top, the one for sale is on the bottom. EMPTY

1 comments:

Loretta said...

Well, I can't buy it but if you want to give it to me as a Christmas gift you're more than welcome to! :)