A BIT PEEVED RIGHT AT THE MOMENT.....

2:15 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »

Let me tell you, I am getting worried about myself because I think I just pulled a stunt that, in my previous experience was reserved for the "old people" of this world. The CRANKY old people of this world.

Here is what happened. I came home from work. On my way home, I gave Cameron a call to see if he wanted to go to Panda Express with me for lunch. He said yes so I picked him up and away we went, to the one on Higley and Elliott about a mile from my house. It is the only Panda I know around here with a drive through. But we went inside to enjoy our dining experience.

We got in line behind two other customers. They were served and their orders rung up. In the meantime, the guy working the drive through was finished filling his order so he came over to wait on us. But, then a cook dropped off a tray of fried rice so he had to pause in his helping us to get that new batch of rice into the heating tray. Fine. Then we were ready to order and guess what, someone showed up in the drive through and with that, he was gone! To serve them. The customers that showed up AFTER us!

So, okay, no problem. The guy ringing up the two prior customers was finished so he helped us and we got our food. Upon ringing us up, we ordered one soda and one cup for water. He informed us that the soda machine was broken so I asked for another cup for water. He gave them to us and then when we went to fill the cups, no water came out!!! I looked around at all the other customers and they all had bottled water. I guess you had to buy the bottled stuff if you wanted a drink today.

But, later, though the soda machine was still not working, water came out of the water thingy and we were able to get a swallow in with our last bite of food.

During this time, there were about six boys that were hanging out there with their scooters and their skateboards. This was annoying as they were very disruptive of the diners and the manager said nothing. But, this is not the time when I turned into a cranky old person. No, I bit my tongue though I did think they were a bit annoying. But, I remembered that I have a son that age who can be annoying like that so I did not even think disparaging thoughts on their mothers at this point.

But they soon left the restaurant as we enjoyed our pseudo Chinese sans water. They went outside to toss a football around. To those that do not understand AZ, there are planned greenspaces in all the neighborhoods that are really there for water retention when we get a lot of rain but since that happens so rarely, they are mainly greenspaces that are great for playing football. There was one directly across the street from Panda to both the west and to the north. They could have chosen any number of spots to toss a football around but they chose to toss it OVER my parked car in the Panda parking lot. So, as I ate lunch, I watched them, just waiting to get a football dent in the fender or door. Finally, I had enough. We were finished eating and headed out to the car and I just couldn't do it. I could not bite my tongue, get in the car and drive off. I just had to ask those boys why they were playing football in a parking lot over my car instead of one of the numerous greenspaces surrounding them. They told me this, "We can play here because we are not going to hit your car." Well, I can tell you having raised three boys that I have HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE! HA!

So I told them that indeed they could not guarantee my car would not be hit but that until they paid for a car themselves, they could not possibly understand the pain of looking at a dent every time you write out the check for a car payment.

They assured me that THEY lived in Circle G therefore their mothers could pay for any damage they would do so it didn't matter!!!! (For those that don't know, Circle G are custom home neighborhoods scattered around Gilbert, AZ and full of filthy rich kids! ) Well, I nearly blew my top at that comment. I mean, if I were a mom, filthy rich or not, I would certainly NOT want my kids having such a 'who-cares" attitude. So I told them I did not think their moms would appreciate having to pay for damage to any one's car simply because they chose not to play football in the right place, even if she could afford it! (This is the point where I starting having disparaging thoughts towards those mothers.)

I will give these boys credit, they did not curse me or make rude comments to me. They were simply, matter-of-factly stating that they basically could do whatever they wanted because they lived in Circle G and their parents would cover the cost of anything they did. Holy Cow! Is this how our youth view the world??? I am scared.

Nevertheless, I was more mad at myself that I even had that discussion with them because that disturbed me more than a dent in my car!!!

2 comments:

Loretta said...

I had to smile at the picture of the football....is that the one you took away from those kids? :P
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Curtis Family said...

Hi Patty!
I love your "Circle G" story. Unfortunately I think that is why our youth lack respect because they don't need to be responsible for their actions.