Wrapping things up!

2:03 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »



Since Chris is out of town, I need to prepare a box of gifts to send him. Then I need to send it to the mission home address. (See Monday's post!) They will then forward it on to him as I do not have his new address given he just moved there on Tuesday. Since it has to go through so many loops, I have to get prepared earlier and so I spent some time this afternoon wrapping his gifts and listening to Susan's playlist with her new Christmas songs on it. You can listen to it here and enjoy her playlist as well. I am really glad at this time of the year that Chris is serving in the United States. It sure makes it easier than sending things to say, Russia or Brazil! I hope you find wrapping gifts to be as much a part of the festivities as everything else. I like to decorate my packages a little fancier than you see here but because I have to box it all up, I soft wrapped everything and just stuck a little stick on bow on it. Too bad it has to be so boring. After working my high school years in a department store gift wrap department, wrapping like this is a let down. But even with fancy bows and ribbons or simple paper, neither are as important as remembering the gift we were given by a loving Heavenly Father, when he sent his Son to the earth for us! That is the greatest gift of all and it came very plainly wrapped!

1 comments:

Loretta said...

YAY for missionary packages! He will be thrilled on Christmas. Love your outdoor lights!