Baking Cookies

6:49 AM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »

When my sister and I were children, we often asked our mother if we could bake cookies. She always said yes and we would skim through the cookie cookbook she had dreaming about which delicacy we would create. But those creations called for unusual ingredients, not ones we normally had on hand, and since we were baking on impulse, we usually had to settle for snickerdoodles or chocolate chip cookies. That was everyone's favorite anyway so why break from a good thing?

I guess due to the cooler weather, I have been in the mood for baking. Also, I have been burning a Gold Canyon candle with the fragrance of sugar cookies. Those candles are so real that you might truly believe someone is baking sugar cookies. Let me tell you, I never knew a candle could create a craving so Gold Canyon candles can be dangerous to your diet! So, on Saturday, I baked my heart out making three different types of cookies and trying to plug them to any takers just to not have them in the house, where I am the greatest consumer! Yesterday at church we were reminded to teach our children to be producers, not consumers. Ha ha ha, I produced and am trying not to consume!

Now I will break into this post to tell you I just got a text from Brandon, who is on the school bus as I type, to tell me that he just saw a coyote run across the road (well populated area) and head for the entrance to our neighborhood! ha ha ha This was amusing to Brandon and I am glad he shares stuff like that with me. Aren't you proud I am such a tech savvy mom that I can text my kids?

So, back to the cookies.......What cookies? They are nearly gone. But I saved a few for you and I plan to bake more before the winter is over! Yikes, come help me eat them!

3 comments:

Loretta said...

I'd be honored to come help you eat cookies! :) I just made cookies last night with mint chips in them and some with white & red and green & white stripes -- getting in the festive mood, you know! :) It's the on set of winter!

who? said...

Thanks a lot! That reminded me that we had cookies in the jar, so I had to eat the last 2 so the kids wouldn't fight over them!

little ol' me said...

Set the date for the next time and I will gladly come over and help eat some. I have no shame.