The Town of Gilbert Stinks....

7:24 AM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »






Quite literally. I mean it with the greatest affection for this once quiet farming town gone suburbia. Never-the-less, though it is the bedroom community capital of the world (at least it feels like it) there are still some remaining dairy cattle lingering. When the cool breezes blow in November, the doors and windows are flung open and we finally breath fresh air for the first time in months! My A/C officially was switched off yesterday! Finally! It has been running since May! However, that fresh breeze comes at a price because you have to bring with it the fresh smell of cow excretions as well. It stinks. Ten years smelling it and I am not used to it yet. I used to hear as a kid that those farm smells were the smell of money. Someone around here has a lot of it!

2 comments:

who? said...

Ah, the "dairy air!" :)

Patty said...

Ha ha dairy air!!! I get it! ha ha, you didn't mean it that way? Oops, my bad!