DOESN'T REALLY MATTER.....

2:01 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »

Wow, I never, no never, thought I would hear these words from one of my son's mouths. I think finally I have made progress in the whole phrase about "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!" In these times of throwaway and disposable everything, I see some thriftiness in my youngest son. Today being a holiday of sorts, Veteran's Day, where we honor those that serve our country and kids are free from the confines of school, Brandon decided to go with one of his friends and check out the new ice rink that has just opened near our house. He is a thrifty sort and recognizes the value of a dollar and asked me where those old ice skates of mine, which had actually been my mother's, were stored so he could use them. I let him know that not only would they be too small for him, but, they were women's ice skates! And do you know what he said, who cares? They are white, so what. I can save $3.50 on rental so it is worth it! Now I thought that was funny! Clearly, that $3.50 is more precious to him than his ego and he was willing to wear them to save a buck. I love it. I am a proud mother. I mean, fashion has been so much more important for his brothers. It was heartwarming to see where he placed his value. Thanks Brandon! And thanks to all those that serve or have served our country to keep it free!

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Who really looks at the skates anyway! :) Good for him for wanting to "save a buck"....or three!

who? said...

Gives new meaning to the term "cheapskate." :)

Patty said...

Shannon, you are hilarious! Get a blog!!!!! Am I annoying you yet?