Twilight at the Breaking of Dawn

3:59 PM Posted In Edit This 4 Comments »
Okay, so it was not quite as early as the breaking dawn when some friends and I went to see the new Twilight movie but we did go see it this morning. At 10:20 AM. I have never gone to see a movie that early but I am not knocking it. I mean, a movie before noon is only $5! Wow, like Loretta's gas prices from 1981 which you can see here on her Nov 21 & 28, 2008 post, we are practically seeing movie prices nearer that decade too at $5. This, by the way, is the ONLY picture I took during the time we were in the theater, unlike a certain girl in this group, who shall remain nameless for fear of legalities, who tried hard to get a picture of Edward during the movie. I am not sure if she captured that before security from the theater came and told her a thing or two. I am not sure what was said as I was listening to the movie and sitting on the complete opposite side from her! She will probably be telling you a little bit about it here, never mind, I don't know if she is going to post this or not so stay tuned.

Oh, did you want to know about the movie? The movie that is making a very, very successful and rich author even more successful and rich? Well, to tell you the truth, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. I have read all the books. But, I really was not "getting" the rage behind them. They were OK, but not all that interesting. I mean, vampires? I have heard there is a whole genre of vampire books and fans out there. I have never been one of them. I was surprised to hear that anyone at all was! So, I guess I don't get out much. Never-the-less, given this particular author is from Phoenix, perhaps she got a lot of extra press around here and therefore I was sucked (get it???) into the whole trilogy + 1 (what do you call a group of books that are more than a trilogy?) and read them all. I am sure Stephanie Myer is thanking me about now as I contributed $2 to her fortune since I learned she makes $.50 on each book sold.

So, I actually did like the movie, as far as it goes. It has not created in me a Twilight series maniac or anything, but I was sufficiently entertained. I liked the music and I liked the stylistic way the movie was portrayed. But, I must say, as much as I miss rain here in the desert, I sure think it is way too muddy and rainy in Forks, WA.

4 comments:

Loretta said...

LOL! I can't imagine me going to see Twilight but Abigail is reading the book (I am really not sure how I feel about that, actually)and she now wants to see the movie....UGH!
Rhea...where's the post about almost getting busted for taking pictures in a movie theater???? I'm waiting!!!!!!!!! :)

E said...

Twilight is AMAZING. I am definitely obsessed. And who knew? I mean... vampires? What the heck? But honestly, I'm in love with these books. Well... the first three. I wasn't a fan of Breaking Dawn. =) Oh, and they call more than four a Saga. The only reason I know this is because around here this saying is popular:

"The Twilight Saga... let's just pretend it was a trilogy!!"

Patty said...

Thanks for the clarification between trilogy and saga! Funny you did not like Breaking Dawn. That was Susan's, one of the girls I saw the movie with, favorite one of the series!

little ol' me said...

Excellent blog entry my dear. The pic turned out great. We sure did have fun!!