Counting Down

8:06 AM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »

Do you see all the countdowns I have posted? Ridiculous, isn't it? It looks like I am counting down my life away! Really, I am not, we just happen to be at THAT time of the year! I wanted to point out Chris' countdown, however, because it was a disappointment. I had been using a different counter previous to yesterday. Then, yesterday, I got an email from Chris and he said his day of release would be Aug 12. Well, that is quite a bit later than I anticipated. He went there on Aug 8 so I though for sure at least no later than that. It is all in the timing of their six week transfer blocks and all. Anyway, he did say he would be able to get that moved a little earlier for school timing and getting to cross paths with Cameron. But, since he gave me a more "official" date than the one I had set on the calendar, I decided to change out the counter to the correct date in order to have the most accurate possible countdown for now. At the time I believe there were about 230 or so days left. Upon changing the counter, it went to only 19 days left. I fiddled and fiddled with it and the counter would not move off of 19 days left, even when I took it back to the original date! So, rather than really mislead you, or cause you all to wonder if he was going to be home by Christmas, I had to delete that counter. I put a new one up, with the Aug 12 date, and it took that time to 267 days (yesterday)! Well, that was a significantly bigger amount of days than the previous counter at around 230 days so then I went through and actually counted them out, and the new counter is the accurate one, bummer! I have been falsely led all along. But this one is right as well as the 36 days left until Christmas!


Are you ready?

2 comments:

Loretta said...

NO,I am not! I want a countdown for how many days till winter...do they make those??? :)

Patty said...

go on the website pyzam.com and you can customize your own countdown, like I did for Chris' homecoming. Good luck